Last June, we had a series of posts brainstorming possible visuals for metaphors, including: growth, balance, and leadership. In the beginning of this second series, we covered innovation. In this post, I’ve put together a list of possible images for another theme that I’ve seen in tons of presentations: opportunity.
According to Merriam Webster, an opportunity is:
- A favorable juncture of circumstances
- A good chance for advancement or progress
Some ideas for possible visuals that could be used to show opportunity include:
- An empty seat in the front row of a very full auditorium/concert venue, etc.
- An empty parking space in a very full parking lot
- An empty piece of paper with a beautiful writing utensil
- Beautiful road ahead
- A gold platter with an envelope on it
- A beautifully wrapped box being handed over in a gloved hand
- A spread of cooking ingredients and amazing cooking ware
- A few roads coming together, showing possible directions that are all wonderful but for different reasons
- A wedding proposal
- Stairs going up with a red carpet rolled out on them
- Ramp up into a beautiful location: building, space ship, ball room, etc.
- An empty and high quality form of transportation: private plane, bus, camper, car, bicycle, etc.
- A set of keys to: a car, castle, house, office, etc.
- Doors with prizes behind them, like on a game show
Do you have any other ideas to add to the list?